As part of the floor graphic, the layout of the ground floor of the Institution of the Hungarian Academy of Arts is shown, which was constructed by the plans of Albert Schickedanz and Ferenc Fülöp Herzog. The building, with a ground area of 2300 m2 is among the edifices that were completed for the millennial celebration of the Hungarian conquest of the Carpathian Basin in 1896. A main motif of the Hall of Arts with a basilica-like layout is the portico featuring six columns topped by a tympanum. The three-part fresco on the back wall is the work of Lajos Deák Ébner, depicting figures representing the inception of sculpture, arts, and painting. The boarded main gate made of copper is the work of Pál Sátori. The spring meeting of the National Society of Hungarian Fine Arts already took place in the building in 1896. The king opened the exhibition on May 4 1896, featuring 1200 works by 335 artists, including architectural plans, paintings, statues, and graphics.
The institution retained its original function, and exhibited works of Hungarian and international artists