The construction of the 5600 m2 skating Rink was completed in 1926. This was the second machine cooled rink in Europe, after Vienna. Pipes were laid on the concrete bottom of the lake, which circulated 7-degree salt water in order to provide a stable amount of ice. Ice sports and celebrations came here more and more frequently following its opening. Budapest organized the 1926 Ice Hockey European Championships.